chef’s notes: these are amazing, amazing, amazing! Really decadent, but still Whole 30 approved! Great to take to a party to ensure you have something great to eat. Although, you might not want to share
Makes 24 deviled eggs (scale as appropriate)
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- Black Truffle Salt
- Black Truffle Oil
- Prosciutto (1 to 2 packages)
- Paleo Mayo
- Cut up prosciutto into little squares or cubes, you want it tiny almost like crumbles to go on the egg
- Take a pan & crisp up prosciutto on medium to medium high heat until nice and crispy (set aside)
- Cut hard boiled eggs in 1/2, put the white halves on a dish & put the yolks all into a bowl
- Alternate 1 tablespoon mayo & 2 tsp truffle oil; put in and mash up… if it is still pretty yolky (and not creamy) keep putting in more of both. Be careful on the mayo – you don’t want it to over power the truffle oil.
- Add in truffle salt – try 1/4 to 1/2 tsp at a time. Put in, mix up and taste. Keep adding until you get the desired mix of creamy + salty goodness. Don’t over salt – the prosciutto will add saltiness.
- Scoop mixture into the eggs – you want a good amount in each
- Top each egg with crispy prosciutto
You can use store bought mayo but none of them are 100% Paleo – they all have some bad ingredient. Read the label & find the least offensive but remember this won’t be Whole 30 approved. If you want Whole 30, 100% PALEO make your own mayo. Good Recipe for making Paleo Mayo.
Truffle salt & truffle oil can be found in most stores - Fusion makes a great truffle salt. Make sure both are black truffle as they are much stronger tasting than white truffle. If you are new to truffle flavors go easy @ 1st – but I promise you’ll get addicted fast!!
Submitted By: Amanda Langowski